(DailyProsper.com) – With the coronavirus spreading like wildfire, turning on the news or just thinking about it can trigger severe anxiety for many people. The economy and financial strain associated also has people really worried, too – all a normal response to a very trying time.
In fact, psychologist Dr. Tracey Marks believes that many of us are struggling more with the fallout of COVID-19 than we even realize. She talks about the effects, and how to cope, in this video:
If you feel like you’ve been struggling lately, we want to help. Here are a few ways to help relocate your center and soothe your frazzled thoughts.
- Focus on what you can control. Don’t worry about what you can’t change. Something as simple as washing your hands or not touching your face is taking some control, explains Marks. This brings things into perspective and curbs anxious thoughts.
- Find creative ways to connect with others. Now more than ever, you need your people. Connect through Zoom or video chat as often as possible with family members. This gives you something to look forward to in the darkest of days.
- Have structure. Having a routine, even if you don’t work from home, is important. It can help give your days a sense of normalcy that may keep you grounded.
- Stay away from news overload. Have the news on? Shut it off. Stay informed once or twice a day through a trusted news source, but other than that, take a break.
- Get outside. Breathing in some fresh air and being around nature can do wonders for your stress levels. Harvard Health recommends going outdoors and being present with nature at least once a day.
Anxiety is scary, but remember: It will pass. Try these coping techniques to get a grip on your anxiety and experience the happiness you deserve.
~Here’s to Your Success!
Copyright 2020, DailyProsper.com