Are you all too familiar with that uncomfortable feeling when someone says you’re “too sensitive”? If so, you might be a highly sensitive person (HSP). While HSPs can be pretty awesome, they sometimes have a tough time seeing it when they’ve spent a lot of time around people who don’t feel as deeply as they do.
Dr. Elaine N. Aron explains in this Psyche2Go video:
So are you an HSP? Here are the signs:
- You’re more intuitive, react more emotionally and feel more deeply than other people.
- You’d rather exercise without an audience.
- Making decisions can be overwhelming.
- You notice little details and changes in your surroundings, and you tend to read between the times.
- You’re extremely conscientious and well-mannered.
- You may struggle with anxiety or depression, which can be worsened by negative past experiences.
- Horror movies make you uncomfortable.
- You make a great team player.
If you show any of these signs, it could mean that you’re more sensitive than the average Joe. My recommendation? Embrace it.
Sensitivity gives you the ability to empathize, work well with people and perceive the world in a completely different light than your peers. So be yourself and take advantage of your HSP powers. Just try to use them for good, okay?
Copyright 2019, DailyProsper.com