(DailyProsper.com) – Laziness and procrastination — they’re well-known enemies of productivity, and they can be surprisingly challenging to overcome.
But what if there were a proven way to take back control of your time?
According to this video from TopThink, laziness is rarely an intrinsic trait. It’s more common for people to become lazy as a result of other factors, such as disappointment, low self-esteem, anxiety or depression.
Now, Let’s Take Action…
Once you understand where your laziness comes from, you can take steps toward better productivity. The steps to beating your procrastinator tendencies include:
- Avoid identifying with your laziness.
- Recognize the source of your laziness.
- Find a new goal or direction.
- Discover the value in what you do.
- Take breaks to compensate for work time.
- Keep track of changes in your routines and habits.
- Cut yourself some slack when you fail.
While accountability matters, it’s also important to remember that being lazy doesn’t make you less of a person. All it means is that you need to be kind to yourself and find new ways to get motivated. Try out some of these tips and see if you can get to work on kicking that procrastination habit!
~Here’s to Your Success!
Copyright 2020, DailyProsper.com