(DailyProsper.com) – Despite our best hopes, many of us aren’t born with effortless charm and charisma. We have to work toward it by improving our social skills and developing confidence in ourselves.
It sounds easier said than done, doesn’t it?
But some people seem to make it work. George Clooney, for example, is a guy who looks like he knows what he’s doing in social settings. And there are a few specific choices he makes in public interactions that can explain it.
Clooney can make almost anyone instantly at ease in conversation, and here’s why:
- He sets the tone with his body language and carefree attitude.
- He laughs genuinely, allowing himself to engage and enjoy the conversation.
- He makes meaningful eye contact, helping the other person feel involved.
- He knows how to balance compliments, self-deprecating humor and teasing.
- He strives to make real connections rather than worry about appearances.
George Clooney’s secret to charm is that, ultimately, he’s focused on having an active, engaging conversation with the other party. While it can be easy to worry about what you’re going to say or what will happen if you mess up, this has a tendency to make both you and the other person more tense.
Letting go and enjoying the back-and-forth of communication is the best policy. If you’re still unsure, you can start by practicing just one of these tactics. It could make a world of difference!
~Here’s to Your Success!
Copyright 2020, DailyProsper.com