Do you talk to your pet in a baby-babble, sing-song voice that has everyone rolling their eyes? Well, don’t let them harsh your vibe any longer. The love you have for your pet is beautiful, natural and healthy, too.
According to USA Today, here are the facts:
- Talking to your pet combats loneliness, which may be as dangerous as smoking 15 cigarettes per day.
- Animals remind you that you can be loved and are worthy of love.
- Having a pet helps you break the ice with other people and wards off shyness.
- Conversing with your pet and sharing in their antics is good for your mental health.
- And… drumroll please… interactions with your pet may even help you live longer.
Talking to your pet poses many health benefits. And you know what else? Showing your family, friends and coworkers dozens of pics of your furbaby also has its benefits, so share the love!