It’s a widespread tradition to do dishes immediately after supper. But what many people don’t realize is that if all the dishwashers are working at the same time, the power company will have to spend a lot more. High energy consumption at certain times of the day has proven to be a great burden on the energy sector. But there is a solution and that solution could be a real treat for you.
OhmConnect is willing to pay people for cutting back on their energy consumption at a certain time. What OhmConnect will do is notify you about when people in your locality are using a lot of electricity via texting. All you have to do is cut back on the electricity for one hour. Sometimes that means waiting to have your dishwasher start running, switching off the lights, or cutting back on any source of energy consumption.
The more you cut back on all electricity, the more OhmConnect is willing to give you. Now, how’s that for a deal? You can even use your electric-free hour to go out with friends to your favorite restaurant or play some sports. It doesn’t mean you’ll have to live in the Stone Age for the entire sixty minutes!
By all means, don’t underestimate the power of thrift! It can indeed make you some serious money. Estimates have shown that for just shutting off electronic devices that are involved in heavy power consumption, you can make almost $2,000 in one year. Now, that’s the only job where you’ll get paid just for using your fingers to keep everything switched off!
Here’s How To Get Involved
Want to join the community of active energy savers? It’s easy. It’s something that doesn’t require an interview or any of the formalities of getting employed. All you have to do is follow the steps below and you’ll be getting paid in no time:
- Step 1 Registration: Complete a small form on the OhmConnect and set up your account.
- Step 2 Synchronization: Connect your OhmConnect account to PG&E, Southern California Edison, or SDG&E. It’s important to note that you are also required to have an online account with one of the three energy giants.
- Step 3 Response by Text: With the ball in their court, OhmConnect will then send you a text message on your cell phone, with details on what the high energy consumption hours in your area will be.
- Step 4 You’re In! Get to Work: When your hour is up, take a trip outside and do anything you want other than consuming electricity. An hour can easily fly by when you’re having fun!
- Step 5 Show Me the Money: It’s time for your reward! You’ll get paid in cash as long as you’ve strictly been cutting back on electricity for as long as possible.
Now, you may be asking yourself what’s in it for OhmConnect? OhmConnect gets paid by California’s energy sector and it also helps so that the state doesn’t have to turn to nuclear energy to attend to their needs. It’s a win-win situation for the people, their pockets, and the environment.
Tips on Saving Electricity
It might be useful to make sure you are doing the following to ensure that you are saving as much as possible:
- Clean your refrigerator coils: Dirty coils can decrease your fridge’s energy efficiency. Be sure to keep them clean.
- Have your HVAC filters cleaned: You can cut electricity costs by having your HVAC filters regularly replaced and cleaned. Just do it and watch as your electric bill goes down.
- Switch LED lighting: Sometimes a small decision like changing the types of lightbulbs you use can make a big difference in the electric bill. More energy-efficient LED lighting can help you save a lot in the long run.
- Switch Off Your Stove: You want your meal hot, but not too hot. Turn off the stove whenever you’re not using it. If possible, shut the heat a couple of minutes before the meal is ready if it is completely cooked.