Getting Government Grants to Repair Your Home

So, your house is not the palace of wonders that it used to be when you first bought it. The time has come to plan some major repairs to keep your house in shape and maintain the value of your property, so that if you decide to sell, it still will be attractive to prospective buyers. Worried about the cost? Luckily, there are government grants to repair your home that are available to qualifying individuals! There are likely more home improvement grants for low income families than you may realize. We’ll show you a number of government financing options that will help get this whole operation underway. It is important to note that there are numerous types of grants for house repairs available. This means that even if you are interested in homeowner grants for home improvement, yet don’t qualify, there may still be other assistance options for you!

What Grants are Available for Home Improvement?

  • HUD Home Improvement Grants: Offered by the department of Housing & Urban Development, HUD grants for home improvement are well worth investing the time and effort in looking into, especially if you are in a bind and need money for major repairs on your property. These are different than HUD loans for home repair because grants do not need to be repaid. It’s recommended that you specifically research the HUD Title 1 Property Improvement Loan, in addition to other financing initiatives. You will find that many of the financing options are geared towards senior citizens, minorities, single-parent homes, low-income individuals, and those who suffer from disabilities.
  • Single Family Housing Repair Loans & Grants: As an initiative that is being taken up by the US Department of Agriculture & Rural Development, these home improvement grants for low income families help with home improvement projects, repairs, and safety concerns. These government home improvement grants are particularly generous, offering those who qualify grants of up to $7,000 and loans of up $20,000
  • Disaster Home Assistance from FEMA: If your home has been destroyed or damaged by any natural disaster, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) would be one of your best places to go to qualify for the agency’s Disaster Home Assistance as a financing option. The relief can provide grants for home repairs like damage to utility and septic systems.

Most importantly, attend to your home maintenance needs gradually over the years. Do not let small problems turn into bigger ones, which could end up costing you tens of thousands of dollars. Regular maintenance of the house is extremely important, especially if you plan to sell the property.

Previous articleHow Educational Grants Create Endless Learning Opportunities
Next articleWhat Tax Deductions Are Available for Small Businesses