(DailyProsper.com) – Life stressors are everywhere: in the workplace, at home, and even in the very social circles that are meant to support and uplift us when we need it most. This makes stress an unavoidable and overarching experience we all share.
But for something that is so common, stress can sure do a number on our lives. We often find ourselves struggling to stay afloat despite its overarching impact. Staying centered and grounded? That can feel like an impossibility.
Here’s some good news: an easy answer might be as little as five minutes away. Yoga won’t fix your entire life, but it WILL make it easier to deal if you stick with it.
Here’s a great starter tutorial:
- Start with a solid mountain stance. Stand straight and ground with your feet. Take a deep breath and elongate your spine. Close your eyes. Exhale and relax your shoulders.
- Add a mantra. This keeps your thoughts intact. Whisper as you inhale, “I am focused” and exhale, “I am energized.” Repeat. Bring your hands to your heart and open your eyes.
- Assume a kickstand position. Bring the bottom of your left foot to your lower right leg and focus intensely on a spot to gaze at. When you find your balance:
- Raise your arms over your head and hold.
- Move into an eagle pose, crossing the legs at the knee and calf. Intertwine your arms and bring the palms together.
- Lift your elbows and breathe in and out slowly while repeating your mantra.
- Transition into a chair pose and bring both arms up while tightening the belly.
- Soften your shoulders and then press up to stand.
Regular yoga practice can help you regain control of your mental and physical health. Try implementing these quick yoga techniques into your daily routine to boost your focus and jump-start your goals.
~Here’s to Your Success!
Copyright 2020, DailyProsper.com