(DailyProsper.com) – Have you finally decided to give up junk food? It isn’t an easy feat. But when you do, a wealth of beneficial changes can happen in your body — and some of those changes can be a little bit surprising.
So there’s some good, some bad, and some temporary discomfort in there. And while that might seem a little discouraging, it’s the long-term benefits that really shine.
- Fewer colds and illnesses. When you give up chips, popcorn, candy and ice cream, replacing them with non-starchy vegetables and fiber-rich foods, you can start to see a healthier you with fewer colds and viruses. This is because healthy food choices boost your immune system and help your organs work their best.
- Fewer health risks. When you ditch the treats, your risks for developing heart disease, diabetes and certain types of cancer will decrease.
- Clearer skin. Ditching fatty snacks like french fries and cheeseburgers will help you achieve a better complexion. Choose low-fat, low-sugar options instead.
- Decreased junk food cravings. When you cut out junk food and sugar, it becomes that much easier to say “no” and give in to a Snickers bar or tiramisu. This keeps you healthy and your impulse control in check.
- Better mood and more restful sleep. Eliminating fat and sugar leads to a better outlook on your day and helps you get more rest. Eating healthy foods like walnuts and cherries can help regulate your sleep cycle.
- Better digestion. Taking spicy chips and beef jerky out of your diet improves digestion. Add healthy veggies like broccoli, carrots and brussels sprouts to help boost digestive health.
- Stronger nails and hair. Reducing sugar intake and adding foods like salmon and eggs can help build stronger nails and hair. Because a diet high in sugar lacks proper nutrients, it can be harder for hair and nails to grow.
Quitting junk food is a good choice for a healthier lifestyle. Start cutting back on crappy, processed food by replacing them with healthy meals and snack options. Your body will thank you for years to come.
~Here’s to Your Success!
Copyright 2020, DailyProsper.com